Warping herself with the tallest peak and deepest gorge in the world, Nepal has become a trekker’s ultimate destination. As of early 1960, Nepal’s commercial trekking became renowned after many successful summits of Mt. Everest also known as Mt. Sagarmatha and Mt. Chomolungma. Trekking trails of Nepal’s eastern region are extremely popular for breathtaking views and remarkable adventure. Everest Base camp is in the northeast direction at about ~150 miles away from the capital of Nepal, Kathmandu. It is located at the center of the Khumbu region of eastern Nepal. Trekking trails of Everest base camp are the veins that connect you to the heart of the Himalayas and the peak of the world Mt. Everest. It is a wonderland for most of the trekkers which comes with everlasting glory.
The Khumbu valley has been the homeland of Sherpa. This trek is not just a trek; it is the journey above the clouds. Explore the tough trekking trails around the world’s tallest mountain for a jaw-dropping visit and a once-in-a-lifetime culture experience. Sherpa’s culture of hospitality has always been beloved among the tourist visiting Everest base camp. This is where you find yourself like a bird flapping your wing above the cloud. “The step to paradise” marked in every bend in the trail will awake you and the beauty of Mt. Everest will not let you blink your eyes. This Trek offers you to take a picture of beautiful forests, glacier moraines, mountains, and slopes.
Along with a panoramic view of Mt. Everest (8,848.68m/29,029 ft), the world’s highest peak. You can also take in the stunning views of peaks like Mt. Lhotse (8,516 m), Cho Oyu (8,201 m), and Mt. Makalu (8,436 m). Everest also has a diverse range of flora, fauna, and wildlife including musk deer, snow leopards, Himalayan Tahr, and red pandas. This trek also provides a breathtaking view of the world’s highest glacier, the Khumbu glacier (4,900 m).
Lukla (2,828m) is the starting point for the trek. Lukla is a major town in the Khumbu region. The road continues from Namche bazaar to the valley below Everest through the Imja Khola River. The trail leads to the destination by the traditional route via Lobuche and Gorakshep. After reaching the EBC, we then climb Kala Patthar, to explore the paranoic view of mt. Everest and the other Himalayas. For those who wish to enjoy their stay in the Himalayas, the Jugal holidays offer the greatest 14-day Base camp trek. Walking, Cardio and Hiking prepare you physically and mentally before planning a trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival to Kathmandu and Transfer to the Hotel (1,400m)
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla, and trek to Phakding (2,610m)
Day 3: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 4: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar (Hike to Everest View Hotel)
Day 5: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,860m)
Day 6: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410m)
Day 7: Acclimatization at Dingboche
Day 8: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,940m)
Day 9: Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5,164m) and hike to Everest Basecamp (5600m)
Day 10: Morning hike to Kala Patthar (5,550m) (Sunrise view) and Trek back to Pheriche (4,371m)
Day 11: Trek from Pheriche (4371m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Day 12: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2860m)
Day 13: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel
Day 14: Transfer to International Airport for final departure
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu: 2nights at Star categories hotel on twin sharing on bed and breakfast basis.
- Welcome Dinner and farewell dinner at Nepali culture restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- Food & Lodging: 3 meals a day (BLD) along with accessible accommodation sharing at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- Permit: All necessary paper works: Sagarmatha National Park permit & Khumbu Rural Municipality entry fee.
- All government and local taxes if necessary.
- Trekking Map: Everest Region Trekking map.
- Member transportation: – Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla.
- Drinking: 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- Guide: Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek
- Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) up to 15kg during the trek.
- Insurance of guide and potter.
- Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Visa fee per person 30 USD for 15 days, 50 USD for 30 days and to be applied for 90 days 125 USD.
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- Personal Expenses: Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- Personal Equipment: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking equipment.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs).