The trek’s main highlights are Panch Pokhari and Bhirab Kunda. Hindus visit Panch Pokhari on the occasion of Jani Purnima, which falls in August. There are five sacred ponds at the foot of Jugal Himal. The lakes are thought to be the source of the Indravati River. The geological terrains, flora and fauna, and mountain views are breathtaking. The route passes through Sherpa and Tamang villages.
The trek begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Chautara. The journey will take between 5 and 6 hours. It marks the beginning of the trek. Before reaching Panch Pokhari, we will pass through several villages including Syaule, Kami Kharka, Chyochyo Danda, Hile Bhanjyang, and Nosyampati. This trek will expose you to Himalayan culture and lifestyle. The trail travels through beautiful scenery, waterfalls, alpine forests, temples, and more. Bakhang Gompa is the trek’s endpoint.
Jugal Himal Trek Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1.Arrival at TIA Kathmandu (1,400m/4,592ft)
Day 2. Drive From Kathmandu to Chautara (1,418m/4,652ft) and Hike to Syaule (2,985m/9,793ft), 5-6hrs
Day 3. Trek from Syaule to Kami Kharka (2,810m/9,220ft), 5-6hrs
Day 4. Trek from Kami Kharka to Chyochyo Danda (3,440m/11,286ft), 5-6hrs
Day 5. Trek from Chyochyo Danda to Hile Bhanjyang (3,720m/12,204ft), 6-7hrs
Day 6.Acclimatization at Hile Bhanjyang
Day 7. Trek from Hile Bhanjyang to Nosyampati (3,631m/11,912ft), 6-7hrs
Day 8. Trek from Nosyampati to Pach Pokhari (4,100m/13,452ft, 7-8hrs
Day 9. Trek from Panch Pokhari to Mahathang (3,805m/12,483ft), 6-7hrs
Day 10. Trek from Mahathang to Temathang (2,180m/7,152ft), 5-6hrs
Day 11. Trek from Temathang to Ambakharka (2,350m/7,709ft), 5-6hrs
Day 12.Trek from Ambakharka to Bakhang Gompa (2,400m/7,874ft)
Day 13. Drive from Bakhang Gompa to Kathmandu (1,400m/4,592ft), 7-8hrs
Day 14.Rest Day at Kathmandu
- Arrival & Departure: Airport – Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and loge and tea house accommodation during trek
- Welcome Dinner and farewell dinner at Nepali culture restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- Food & Lodging: 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) along with accessible accommodation sharing at Hotel/Lodge/teahouse during the trek.
- Permit: All necessary paper works:
- All government and local taxes.
- Trekking Map.
- Member transportation: – Road Transportation: From Kathmandu – Chautara and Bakhang Gompa to Kathmandu.
- Drinking water: 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- Guide: Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek
- Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) up to 15kg during the trek.
- Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek.it
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights’ expenses in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal Insurance: Travel and high-altitude insurance. *Mandatory
- Personal Expenses: Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- Personal Equipment: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking equipment.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs).