The trail takes you to an altitude of 4,000 meters, and if you want to go higher, you’d not want to miss seeing the sunrise from the Tserko Ri at 5,000m.
This diverse trek introduces you to the Buddhist culture of the Tamang and the Sherpas, and the ancient monastery of Kyanjin Gompa, situated near Tserko upholds this tradition. The spectacular views on this trek include Dorje Lakpa (6,990m), Langtang Ri (6,370m) and Langtang Lirung (7,245m).
The trek passes through Langtang National Park- a pristine countryside with majestic flora and fauna, yak pastures, and local cheese factories! Himalayan pheasants, Himalayan deer, Himalayan bears, monkeys, and the elusive red panda, are native to this region.
Langtang Village was utterly destroyed during the April 2015 earthquake. The resilient locals have, however, been busy rebuilding and some teahouses and lodges have been rebuilt and are open. The best way for people to help is to continue to visit this area.
For those who want to trek this off-beat track and see something completely different from many of the more touristy areas in the country, this is a perfect trek.
Day 1. Arrival at TIA Kathmandu (1,400m/4,592ft)
Day 2. Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,500m/4,921ft), 7-8hrs
Day 3. Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel. (2,480m/8,136ft), 6-7hrs
Day 4. Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3,430m/11,253ft), 6-7hrs
Day 5. Trek from Langtang village to Kyanjing Gompa (3,830m/12,566ft), 2-3hrs
Day 6. Hike to Tsergo Ri and back to Kyanjing Gompa (4,984m/16,352ft), 7-8hrs
Day 7. Trek from Kyanjing Gompa to lama hotel (2,480m/8,136ft), 6-7hrs
Day 8. Trek from Lama hotel to Syabrubesi (1,500m/4,921ft), 5-6hrs
Day 9.Drive back to Kathmandu (1,400m/4,592ft), 7-8hrs
Day 10. Departure
- Airport pickup and drop off facilitates
- Accommodation at a star hotel in Kathmandu
- City tour in private vehicle
- All the ground transportation as per itinerary
- Trekking equipment like down filled sleeping bag, walking poles and duffel bag
- An experienced government license holder guide and local porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Salary, Insurance, Equipment, Travel Fare, Food and Accommodation for guide and porter
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- Hot Drinks (Tea and Coffee)
- All government and local taxes
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Visa fee per person 30 USD for 15 days, 50 USD for 30 days and to be applied for 90 days 125 USD.
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- Personal Expenses: Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- Personal Equipment: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking equipment.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs).